Friday, February 29, 2008

Skin and Bones


Well...I made it back from my excursion down the rabbit hole called Foo Fighters.  Good show...great time.  We were able to get pretty close to the stage...although I'm getting old!  I didn't feel like moshing it up or taking a ride...so I managed to not hurt myself.
The former lead singer of System of a Down...(I can't remember his name) was ok...surprisingly not much of a showman.  They came out in top hats and he bugged his eyes out every once and a while...but he looked 
extremely bored.  Interesting world though...you could definitely tell who was there to see him...when he was done the crowd totally changed from Goth to suburban.  You'll have to excuse my analysis...I am fascinated by the sociological elements of concerts.

  
The Foo Fighters were great...rockin...although I think Dave had a cold.  They opened with a few of the better new ones and then some standards.  Then a whole new stage dropped out of the sky and they did their acoustic set.  All in all - a pretty sweet night.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mr. Lief its Andy Van Soelen, Derek De Nooy, me and some other friends were at the show too! I hope they come back again soon and hopefully not with any of those other bands!

Alvin said...

Yo. Foo's recent albums haven't been as spectacular as previous works.